Dealing with Disclosure of Sexual Abuse
September 26 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
10am – 12.30pm
This course is aimed at Barnsley professionals who work in a range of settings including drug and alcohol services, mental health services, debt and housing services, domestic abuse support services any setting which supports adult service users who may be described as vulnerable. Individuals working in these services are likely to hear disclosures of sexual harm either prior child sexual abuse or more recent rape and sexual assault. This course will provide you with a framework for supporting an individual who discloses. It includes examples of best practice, information about your role and responsibility under law and procedure. Having completed the training you will be more equipped to manage these challenging situations with confidence and insight.
The aims of the session:
- To understand why individuals find it difficult to speak about sexual abuse
- To recognise Best practice- How to effectively respond to disclosure
- To identify the different contexts of the disclosure
- To understand what is meant by first disclosure and legalities.
- To discuss Signposting & referral
- To recognise the importance of Self-care
This session is limited to 15 participants and delivered via Zoom. Please book your place below and details will be emailed to you prior to the event.
Please see our Cancellation Policy here
If this session is full please email email@example.com and we can add you to our mailing list.