A professional approach to support and intervention with child sexual abuse
October 28 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
28th October 2021 10am – 4.30pm
Face to Face
Child sexual abuse is experienced by one in 20 children in the UK this course looks at how organisations can encourage disclosure, work with the impact and support victims and survivors to recover and live fulfilling lives.
The aims of the session:
- Understand the extent of and impact of child sexual abuse upon victims and non-abusing parents/carers.
- Recognise signs which may indicate child sexual abuse is occurring.
- Know what to do in the event of a disclosure of sexual harm.
- Apply the tools available to support recovery from child sexual abuse.
- Learn how to use self-care to mitigate against vicarious trauma and burnout.
This session is limited to 8 participants. The session will be held at BSARCS’ office and details will be sent to attendees prior to the event.
If this session is full please email email@example.com and we can add you to our mailing list.