- This event has passed.
Trauma Informed Responses and The Impact of Sexual Harm
July 28 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pmFree
An experience of Sexual violence (rape, sexual assault and child sexual abuse) has a significant impact often for a prolonged period on the emotional and physical wellbeing of those people who are victimised. This Course looks at the extent of the problem, the impact upon the individual, how we can respond to this impact and finally what trauma looks like following sexual harm and how practitioners can respond in a trauma informed way which supports recovery.
The aims of the session:
- Describe what sexual violence is
- Understand trauma informed responses to sexual harm
- Recognise the short and longer term impact of sexual harm
- Consider sexual harm and societal responses
- Appreciate how self-care supports us to carry out challenging work
This session is limited to 16 participants and delivered via Zoom. Please book your place below and details will be emailed you prior to the event.
If this session is full please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add you to our mailing list.