BSARCS (Barnsley Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Services) is the only group in Barnsley offering specialist services to people whose lives have been affected by rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault or any kind of sexual violence.
We work with women, men, children and young people who live in the Barnsley area.
Our staff are specially trained, qualified and experienced.
We’re an independent registered charity and we won’t pressure you into reporting to the police or doing anything you’re not comfortable with; the support we offer is focussed on your needs and led by you.
We listen. We believe. We support.
Find more information about the services we offer.
BSARCS doesn’t offer any drop-in services and can only see visitors by appointment.
To make an appointment, or for more information, please get in touch.
Statement of Feminist Principle
- BSARCS, as part of the wider Rape Crisis movement, recognises that there is an imbalance of power between men and women within society.
- We recognise that sexual violence is a crime of violence and an abuse of power.
- We recognise that sexual violence is a cause and consequence of gender inequality.
- We recognise that a woman is never to blame for rape or abuse.
- We recognise a woman’s right to make her own choices and BSARCS will support her in making those choices.
- We recognise that discrimination against women violates the principles of equality of rights and respect for human dignity.
- We acknowledge that some women in society are affected differently by a range of inequalities which may include faith, economic situation, sexuality or disability.
- We believe that providing women only space and women led services helps to challenge this discrimination.