Welcome to BSARCS
BSARCS is Barnsley's only specialist provider of services to survivors of sexual violence. We offer support to women and men.
Barnsley Sexual Abuse & Rape Crisis Services include counselling, advocacy and a helpline.
- Our services are FREE, confidential, and delivered by women
- Staff are professionally qualified and receive specialist training
- Independent - we are not part of the police, local authority, NHS or Social Services
- Available to individuals and their family
- We will never push you into reporting what has happened to you.
Anonymous text: 07786 20 90 70 and email:
Mondays (except bank holidays) 10am - 12noon
Tuesdays 6pm - 8pm
Thursdays 2.30pm - 4pm
What is sexual violence?
There are many kinds of sexual violence including sexual assault, rape, sexual harassment, stalking, flashing and sexual abuse. Sexual violence can happen to anyone - women, men, girls and boys - and no one ever asks or deserves for it to happen. If you have been affected by sexual violence, or are supporting someone else who has, you can contact us for help and information. It doesn’t matter whether the abuse happened recently or a long time ago.
For information on current VACANCIES please click here.
As members of Rape Crisis England & Wales, it is our policy that we do not see perpetrators of sexual violence or sexual assault, etc. To access perpetrator support click here.